Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watchman



So I finally saw this movie last night. Never read the comic, but given its legendary status among comic heads, I was really excited to see the film adaptation.

I loved it.

Definitely not your typical super hero movie, and that's a wonderful thing. However, I can already hear the groans from people who think that super hero movies have to be this or that. I thought that the Dark Knight did a lot to shatter that bias, but a lot of work still needs to be done. Hopefully Watchmen will do even more to show that "super hero" stories aren't one-dimensional parodies of the human experience, but are more often than not a mirror on our society and ourselves. They're the ultimate thesis on what flawed individuals do when given the powers of a god.

Anyway, enough of my babble. Go see the movie!!

No comments: